The institution was originally established as a Boarding House in April 1911, in Ajmer exclusively to care for Christian orphans. Named after the Saint Angela of Merici, the Saint who cared for the poor orphans, the orphanage was transferred to Jaipur on 25th February, 1926. The institution still exists and caters to poor, underprivileged Catholic children. School was started; the first day scholar was admitted in 1928. Since then, the institution has opened its doors to children of all creeds.